Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Chalk board, mirrors and other news!

These mirrors seem to be everywhere!
I have picked them up at the Thrift Stores and a few garage sales!
This is how they looked before!
They have potential!

I spray painted this one with Val spar satin from Lowe's.
The mirror is painted with a primer, then chalkboard paint !

The close up shows how some of the gold shows through, after a little bit of sanding!

On these two mirrors, I first spray painted a gray primer , then spray painted the color.
I used semi-gloss Rust-oleum 2x coverage from Home Depot - Candy pink & White.

It is amazing how a little bit of paint, can make trash a treasure!

I love how the grey peeks through! SOLD
This would be adorable in a little girls room!

Speaking of little girls, my little girl is having a baby boy, any day!
This is Paige and her hubby Phil is in law school 10 hrs away.
I have my bag ready to go, so when I get the call she is in labor, I am outta here!
(now if I can get my husband to pack)
So excited!


I haven't been painting much this week, because this is what I have been working on to welcome baby boy Nelsen into the world!

My other baby, just scheduled surgery for Sept. 9th!
He dislocated his shoulder and darn the luck, it was at the beginning of summer!
He lives to wake board!
Apparently, the Dr. said he still could, it just might hurt a little, or a lot!

My best creations - my children!

linked to ;

http://myuncommonsliceofsuburbia.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Those mirrors look outstanding...love the color on #1. Come by and check out my COASTAL GIVEAWAY...I think you will like it!

Blessings,
Linda