Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to Life - A Lamp and Me!

 Hi there!  I am happy to be alive!  Food poisoning is for the birds, actually I wouldn't wish it on them either. I have never been so sick, wait, I forgot about when I was pregnant. . .!  I threw up every where, every place, all hours of the day. One of the many funny stories of my was going to a good friends wedding, after the ceremony on the way to the Luncheon, I wasn't feeling so well.  We were stuck in city traffic and couldn't pull over.  I took off my slip, yes I did, and threw up in it.  We pulled into a random Holiday Inn parking lot, so I could throw it away.  Someone knocks on my window. WHAT? A friend of both mine and my husband was taking the CPA test and had stayed in that hotel the night before, and he happened to see us pull in! What's the chances?  I wasn't to friendly that day!

Another - skip to the lamp if you don't want any more throw up stories!  We went to dinner with some friends to the best restaurant ever - Maddox.  Not feeling so well on the ride home, I said pull over.  It's pretty rural between the restaurant and our house, so there was Lot's of places to pull over.  Not wanting passing cars, or for my friends to see me, or hear me, I jumped a fence, went a little way down the hill and threw up a few times.  I sat for a minute and wiped off my face and turned around  and saw a very young couple, maybe 14 or 15.  They were sitting on an old jeep seat, probably making out.  I said sorry, climbed the fence, got in the car and went home!

One more - We lived in a Mortuary for 3 yrs. when we were first married and students.  One of our responsibilities was to wash the Hearse and the Limo on Saturdays. I was driving from one Mortuary to another, they owned 2, and was stopped by a train.  It was July and hot.  I was the first one at the train.  The motion, the heat, I was sick!  I didn't think it would look good to all the cars stopped behind me to see someone poke their head out of a hearse and throw up, so to save the Mortuary's reputation, I took one for the team.  I looked around for some thing to throw up in, I didn't have a purse,on another sick adventure I had already thrown up in it and chucked it.  I did what every self respecting pregnant women would do, I picked up my big prego shirt and threw up in it!  I drove to the Mortuary where another couple friend of ours were dwellers, borrowed a shirt from my friend who was also pregnant and threw my shirt away!

OK, enough of one crazy thing on to the next crazy thing!

I found this $5.00 light at the Thrift store and wanted to experiment.  I think it was a good, fun experiment. You should try this at home!



A little glamorous!



Taped it up good and tight,

and used my new favorite spray paint color, Lagoon.



Urban outfitters looking to me!  Now, to find the perfect shade. . .


I might as well spray a frame and make yet another memo board, while I have the Lagoon can of paint out!

So happy to be Healthy again!

No comments: