Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Aqua Stand: Before & After

What is it?  It comes from Sears, it has holes on the side like something was removed, maybe a lift up tray.  It has wheels.  Do you think it was made for a kitchen? 

I don't care what it is, all I know is that it is adorable!  The wheels got me at the Thrift store.  $5.00 junk turned into my treasure!




It needed some sanding and hole filling to repair some damage.  It is not solid wood, so I primed it with Kilz oil base primer.


I have this picture that I love, that I used as my inspiration.  I sprayed it with Valspar Goss Exotic Sea and then glazed it with Valspar Asphaltum glaze.
The glaze seals and protects it, toned down the color AND helped match the color in the picture!



It is a unique little thing, that I think is going to be one of my favorites!



 It has a drawer
 Agreed cute?

xoxo!

I wasn't sure how to paint the rollers.  They popped out easy enough, but what to do, what to do.  I used tinfoil, it worked!


I used the spray paint lids to sit them in!
Makes me Happy!
Doesn't take much.


Have a Happy Day!

linked to these parties!!!
Coastal Charm
Primitive and Proper

No comments: