Tuesday, October 18, 2011

How to back a picture or chalkbord - Before and After!


I bought a quart of Valspar chalkboard paint,
and I could do a thousand chalkboards with it.
so I just might!
I have gone a little chalkboard mad,
but it's addicting.

I love to buy old vintage frames, but they are old vintage frames.
They look really really good from the front painted.






Stinkin cute Spencer!

So Many possiblilites with chalk board frames!


Not so lovley from the back. . .
So here is how to make the back pretty!



First you find some cute paper - this is what I had on hand,
but the dollar store has come cute paper too.


You will need, scissors, Elmer's glue, a spray bottle, a pencil and a blow dryer.




measure the back, and cut a piece to fit.



Put a line of Elmer's glue all around the frame.


Once the glue is dry, spray the back with water,
don't be to heavy handed but don't be shy either.
sometimes I take a rag and go over it and then I use the blow dryer.
When the paper gets wet and then blown dry,
it shrinks the paper, so it is tight.



 Better!


Just a few more chalk board frames. I am loving the gold frames, so vintage.  I love spray paint too - but sometimes original is Good.


I bought this paper at the dollar store.


I am not kidding when I say I am addicted to chalkboard paint.


I used Rust-oleum Lagoon on this frame


I broke the glass on this frame, but chicken wire is in
the running with the chalkboard for favorite!



I like that I can add some cute flowers to the chicken wire frame.


I will leave you with a randomness.
A wire basket from the thrift store for $1.00
It has a new home on my white craft room shelf!

No comments: