Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Desk: Before and After!

My new Favorite!
So I have a thing for this style of furniture.
The curvy pretty legs. The detail on the drawers, and the hardware. Well I love everything about it.





It just needed a little bit of work and a fresh coat of paint, to give it a new life. It was in pretty good shape, but it needed some work. The prep work is always the most important in painting a piece of furniture.  The painting is the fun part.



I taught a class on furniture painting, for the Relief Society sisters.  I wanted to share prepping, priming, painting and glazing. This is what I ended up with. 


I Love how the the white shows through, and the black glaze accents the details.





Yes, my new Favorite!
I primed it with Kilz oil base primer ~ the furniture had a laminate finish.The color  of paint I used is Valspar ExoticSea.  The Glaze is Valspar Asphaltum.  I primed the handles with Valspar spray primer, and then sprayed them with Valspar Gloss white.
My pictures don't do it justice - it's Gorgeous!

My Next project.
I need some magic skills to help this piece.



Can you see the potential?

Coastal Charm

Tip Junkie

Vintage Wanna Bee

Primitive and Proper

Domestically Speaking

DIY Home Sweet Home

No comments: