Friday, January 27, 2012

Wall grouping of Vintage frames: Before and After

I am a Lover of Frames!
all frames
I own a plethora of them. . .
 It was so fun and stressful painting a few for a grouping!
I lay them out and moved them around,
and finally went eeny meeny miny mo!

Before
a sampling of similar frames


My Favorite color at the moment is Turquoise, teal, aqua anything in that color pallet.  So my first attempt at a gallery of frames is in Valspar gloss exotic Sea.


 



I used various shapes and sizes and mixed wood, resin, metal and plastic. I primed them with Valspar gray spray primer, then sprayed them with exotic sea.  Even though I love spray paint, I don't love when things look just spray painted.  So I used Valspar Antiquing glaze - Asphaltum ( black) to bring out the detail of the frames and seal and protect them.  What I love about the glaze is you can use a little or a lot of glaze depending on the look you want.  I wiped most of the glaze of with a wet rag on these frames.

The next collection of frames are Ballet Slipper by Krylon.




I did exactly the same thing - eeny meenie miny mo first!  Then primed, painted and glazed!  I left a little more glaze on these and I Love them! I am thinking one of these frames would be nice with a chalkboard in them!

Finding Fabulous

No comments: