Saturday, April 21, 2012

Before and After: Blue Dresser

I Love painting for clients who know what they want.
Vicky had a vision in her head, and it was so easy working with her!
She had a picture and paint chips. Boy that made it easy to paint this dresser!
Yes, it is my new favorite!


Before:
This is the only picture I took of this dresser!
It was white!
Ha Ha!



I painted the white dresser brown


Then Blue



The paint is Behr Ocean Tropic - Flat.


After, I painted it, I took 100 grit sand paper too it. I let the brown show through and even some of the white! 
Flat paint is kinda chalky. So to give it a smooth finish, without changing the look, I used a miniwax paste finishing wax.  You wipe it on with a clean cloth, let dry for 10-15 minutes, then buff it. You can use an electric polisher.  Since I don't have one, I used my muscles!
 Oh my, so adorable!







Awe, Spring How do I love Thee!  and the dresser too!

Recipe for Awesomeness:
Brown paint - Rust-oleum satin expresso spray paint
Behr flat Ocean Tropic
Minwax Paste Finishing Wax
100 grit sand paper
Hardware - Rust-oleum Metallic aluminum spray paint

Linked to here:
Primp
Under the Table and Dreaming
Domestically Speaking


s

No comments: