Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Painting Porch Post - Not a Fun job!

I got a problem, I work to harddddd!  I can't waste a minute, and it's not good! 
So I have a Goal, get a few things crossed off my list, have a fun summer, then start my frenzy crazy life again in the Fall.  Whew, I feel better all ready!

And while I am letting it all out. . . sometimes it is a good thing to know how to paint, sometimes it is not!  For instance, give me a ugly old piece of furniture and my heart skips a beat for joy.  That is when it is good to know how to paint.

It is not good, when you have a side door, that is swinging not stop with people revolving  through - it gets a beating and it needs paint.

Or when you have 10 posts on your porch, that are made of wood and the weather, well weathers them! They need paint!

In these instances, I would love to say, I can't paint, hire someone, let me just paint furniture. 

So one beautiful morning, I painted the door!  Since the paint was out, I thought I would paint one post. Well 7 hours later,7 of the post are done! Only 3 more to go and I think, I think, I think I can do it.

Want to see?  


What I would say to you - don't be afraid to paint your door!
If I can do it, any one can.


So Pretty and White! 



This is what most of the post looked like, very little work, really.


Just one, looked liked this - the water from the sprinkler was always hitting it.



Shiny and New - kinda
I hear there is rain in the Forecast - Oh no, I want them done NOW!


I have a beautiful view out my front door, but all I could see was the posts that needed painted.

Cross this off my list!

On a prettier note, it is that time of year again for Flowers.
potting them, made me not so ornery.




Thanks for letting me rant and rave today......

No comments: