Saturday, May 26, 2012

Before and After: Dresser and nightstand


Hey Goodlooking!

Was my first thought when I saw this old dresser at the Thrift store. . .  I knew it would look great with a new coat of paint, and I was right!







I loved the modern look it had, and how the hardware was placed at the top of the drawer.


I really had to repair a lot of nicks and dings.
Like most old dressers, it is solid wood, with dove tailed drawers so it is well built and sturdy.

The top was also laminate, which is typical of an old dresser.
made it durable
That also means I used an oil base primer.

Ready?







So much better!

While I was at it, I painted a nightstand for my daughter Paige.
Her husband just graduated from law school and they have moved home. They brought the nightstand home with them.

Yipee!





Such a cute little thing, but in need of some TLC.









Well there you go!  I have been MIA because of a new grandbaby, who is ADORABLE and Paige and her hubby moving home. I have been busy with lots of Great things. wonderful happy things



Can't forget that my own home is getting a makeover, in between events.  You finish one room, and it makes the rest of the house looks so bad!

The paint color of the dresser is Valspar semi-gloss Lake Country
The hardware was primed with Valspar grey and sprayed with Metallic aluminum

Linked here:
Primitive and Proper
Miss Mustard Seed
Liz Marie
Elizabeth and Co.
My Repurposed Life
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Redoux

No comments: