Thursday, May 3, 2012

Brass Lamp painted!


I Love Target! 

I don't know about you, but those dollar bins lure me in every time I walk through the doors. . .


As of late, I have been loving their lamp shades.
MaM-Lamp Shade  - Medium.Opens in a new window



Mix-and-Match Lamp Shade - Chevron Lamp Shade - Gold (Large).Opens in a new window

Mix-and-Match Lamp Shade - Layered Fabric Shade - White (Large).Opens in a new window





Flocked Lamp Shade - Yellow (Large).Opens in a new window


Lamp Shade-Printed  - Large.Opens in a new window






I am working on an extra bedroom, and because I don't know what the end result of this room should be, I am Slow!
However, I had an old lamp. It was great back in the day, but it lost it's appeal. Really, it was ugly!
I knew I was going to give it a new life, I just didn't know how until I found this lamp shade at Target.




I loved the look and the price was a bonus - $19.99.

I took the brass floor lamp and spray primed it gray, then used a metallic  spray paint to finish it off. Some where I have a before picture, but not to be found!




This lamp has great character, it just needed a some paint and a new lampshade!




It adds a lot to the room!



The Hold up on finishing this room - The Bed!
We bought it a long  time ago, and paid a lot of money for it back in the day. 
I want to paint it and can't quite bring myself to do it.
It don't have a problem painting a thrift store find,
what do you think?



Life is great!  I am a new Grandma of a BEAUTIFUL baby boy, AND my son-in-law is graduating from law school, and moving my daughter and other grand son back!
YAHOO!

Lets party here:
Classy Clutter


No comments: