Thursday, September 20, 2012

Christmas (don't kill me) crocheted-ribbed-dishcloths for beginners

I am getting ready for Christmas!
Every year I say I will start early, and I don't.
When you want to  make some things for friends,
you have to get
going
early!

so proud of myself



The first three are for me - It took me a minute and a dish cloth or two to figure out what I was doing.  The first one I made was a mess, so it wasn't picture worthy. (still works, just a little crooked!)




The tutorial is found here: Aesthetic NestI am so grateful for those creative crafty people who share their talents.

I made mine a little bigger than this tutorial - I started with 30 stitches - personal preference!




Confession- I received a crocheted dish cloth a few years ago, and I thought - Weird.  Then I tried it and it is my FAVORITE. They wash up so good.

The yarn has to be 100% cotton.  Peaches and Cream brand has some luscious colors and it is at Walmart.  The cost is $1.77 and it will make two dishcloths (small skein of yarn).

 My sister Chris who can crochet anything is going to laugh at me. . .


No comments: