Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Oh How I Love thee. . .

I love chairs!

When I buy one or two that are the same, I wonder what happened to the rest of the set.

Here are a few I have collected.

I wondered what to do with them. . .

My daughter, Morgan sent me this link


and then I saw this fabric, and I knew I could do it!

So I bought two, or three, or four, or five cans of spray paint!

and this is how they look now!
This is a 60's metal chair. it was pretty hammered and not so pretty!
I bought 3 of them!
Where is the 4th . .
I think this is my favorite!


and another!
I have two of these and I love the pretty curves.
maybe this is my favorite!


This was a really old chair.

I paid the most for this one, but I loved it!
I think I say love a lot!



This one I bought at a yard sale. There was a box, that said put your money in here!

No one around, so I put the money in the box, and put it in my truck.

I felt a little uneasy, like maybe I was on candid camera. . .

The seat was pretty bad on this one, so I made a new one!


All four lined up and looking pretty lonely!


So I spray painted the legs of the table and painted the top.
I then put 3 coats of poly to give a shine and protect it.


Wow!

I love it!

Here is a glimpse of what it looks like!



A better view



One more, because I can't stop looking at it!
You know when you clean a closet or a drawer and you have to keep looking at it, because it looks so good. . . .

That is what I keep doing to this.!

Do you have a favorite!



I primed the chairs with a grey primer from Lowe's, and then sprayed 2 coats of red spray paint from Lowe's.

The fabric was from Joann's in the Home Decor department

linked to: http://www.inthefunlane.com/2010/08/fresh-coat-friday.htmlhttp

http://itssoverycheri.com/2010/08/08/its-so-very-creative-19/

2 comments:

Paige said...

I am in love! Oh I wish I had somewhere to put this set. You have a good eye and sure do know how to polish a turd! :) can't wait to see you're next creation.

Marsha said...

I want to paint an oak 4 poster bed and like what you've done here. What gray primer from Lowes did you use? A spray paint? Do you think spray painting a 4 poster bed would be a do-able project? Thanks.