Thursday, January 27, 2011

Before & After Chair

Last summer I painted this table and 4 chairs.
It is one of my favorite projects!  I still just like to look at it.
I took it to a boutique and a cute newly engaged girl bought it, she was so excited.


I particularly liked this retro wire chair.


I bought it at the thrift store for $3.00 and my lucky day I found it's twin!


I am hanging on to it this time, and it's going solo. 


I kinda liked the orange vinyl seat, but it is trashed.



It looked like it had been used for a stool, when someone was painting.
I always wonder who the previous owner was, and what their life was like!




AFTER!

I bought the fabric here:  Texas Susannie's




It is all done ready to go in my craft room.
just gotta finish the turquoise Hutch!

The chair cost about $15.00 to refinish
1 can of Valspar gray spray primer, about $3.00
1 can of Valspar gloss black spray paint, about $3.00
Fabric cost $7.44 a yard, and I used less than a half, about $3.00
The chair cost $3.00
Throw in a little extra for spray fabric protector I already had!

Not to Shabby!

Lets party here: The DIY Show Off
             Drab to Fab
                   The Shabby Nest

No comments: