Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Clock redo! Before and After

So I am a little sentimental,
or maybe a little crazy!
I can't get rid of things that have memories.
My kids gave me this clock, maybe a birthday? And I loved it.
The problem is, it quit working.  I replaced the batteries several times hoping it would work.
Well, here is the crazy part.
I left it hanging on the wall, not working.
I could not get rid of it!

I decided to be a big girl.
No, I didn't get rid of it - baby steps!

Here is the Clock!



Here it is now!





I took the clock apart and sprayed the frame and G with Valspar antique white, and then glazed it with Asphaltum (it's black) glaze from Lowe's.  I used Scotch super 77 spray adhesive to bond the first layer of muslin (needed to hide the numbers) then used the Scotch super 77 spray adhesive to bond the burlap to the muslin.  I stapled the  burlap to the back of the clock and used Monster glue to attach the Letter G. Put it back together and hung it where the clock hung, in the family room!

I love to see things get a second life, that's why I do what I do!

Linked here:
The Idea Room
Tip Junkie

No comments: