Monday, August 13, 2012

Peach Pie

 They are on, and ready to pick. . .

Peaches

Our church has a peach orchard.  We volunteer to prune and to pick.  It is work, hard work, FUN work!  The peaches are then sent to a cannery and more volunteers can them (I have done that too, and we can buy a case when we are done with our shift). The canned peaches are then put in a store house, where people in need can pick them up along with other things to sustain them and their families.

I have learned to appreciate and love peaches after being involved in this effort.  This year the peaches are early.

We drove a 20 minutes to a local fruit stand  Pettingills. I think we are lucky to be able to buy local grown, fresh picked peaches. 




I have a dear friend who shared this peach pie recipe with me, and I have shared it before, and have been asked to share it again.  Rather than email one friend the recipe, I thought I would share it with all my friends!
It is the best easiest recipe.
You have to try it!





Peach Pie

Cookie Crust
Mix the following in the pie dish:
1/2 c. butter softened
1 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
pinch salt
Mix together and press lightly into pie plate. Bake at 375 for 10 minutes. (If you press it in to hard, it's hard to cut.) Cool.
Glaze
3 T. cornstarch
1 c. juice (whatever kind you like that's orange)
1/2 c. sugar
Bring to a boil and cool a bit.

Spread bottom of shell with 3 oz. or so of cream cheese sweetened with powdered sugar to keep crust from going soggy. Then slice peaches into pie plate. Then pour glaze over and refrigerate to set.

The best recipes are tried and true, just like good friends!

Shared here:
The Dedicated House
Funky Junk Interiors

No comments: